FORUMS: list search recent posts

Low quality results when exporting DV PAL clip?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Grixti
Low quality results when exporting DV PAL clip?
on Jul 2, 2010 at 4:28:45 pm

Hi there,

I am trying to export my timeline and burn the exported file with DVDSP. It is a very long timeline (3 hours) so I plan to export it in sections and spread it over a 2-3 DVDs. Or possibly try a duel layer DVD.

The problem is, when I export a small test section of the clip, the resulting .mov file i very low quality.

I have been going file > export > Quicktime Movie... > Choose DVD PAL Anamorphic (My project is HD but I will only be exporting a normal DVD). I have tried reference and self contained. The resulting .mov I get from this is very low quality!

I have also used the same process but exported an uncompressed .mov as a benchmark. The quality here is excellent but the file size in enormous, around 500mb for a 4 seconds.

The best compression I have found was PRORES HQ but I have been advised not to use this for the DVD.

Every tutorial I have found it just says simply choose your setting, DV PAL or NTFS, export the Quicktime Movie and then import that into DVDSP. I don't understand because the .mov from this method seems so much lower quality then the uncompressed or PRORES.

Am I just totally missing something here or doing something wrong. I have been trawling the forums and exporting countless amounts of test clips but just cant seem to crack this one.

Any help would be much appreciated! I need to deliver this DVD tomorrow! AARGGHH.

Thanks!

Dan

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
Re: Low quality results when exporting DV PAL clip?
on Jul 2, 2010 at 7:16:50 pm

Don't export using QuickTime conversion. Export using current setting and then take that file into compressor.

Hindsight is always 1080p

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]