FORUMS: list search recent posts

avchd to fcp

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Tamou
avchd to fcp
on Jun 20, 2010 at 4:05:22 am

I just upgraged to FCP7 and I need to log and transfer some HD footage. I dont see the avchd option in the easy settings. Can anyone help me with what settings to use? I'd like to capture and edit in HD then output in standard on dvd. Thank You Very Much.

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: avchd to fcp
on Jun 20, 2010 at 4:34:59 am

There are no capture settings for AVCHD because FCP does capture it. Those are for tape based formats. AVCHD media is ingested using log and transfer. The codec to convert to is set in the log and transfer preferences. You should read the manual on how to use this tool.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Steve Tamou
Re: avchd to fcp
on Jun 20, 2010 at 5:00:55 am

Thank You Tom. I just got your "Complete Training For Final Cut Pro 7" DVD in the mail and I haven't had a chance to watch it yet. I am looking forward to seeing it. Like I said, I just upgraded to version 7. Before that I had version 5 and I was capturing from DV tapes. So the AVCHD is new to me. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]