FORUMS: list search recent posts

edit to video is hurting my head

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Pac
edit to video is hurting my head
on Jun 10, 2010 at 9:11:30 pm

I'm having the most hideous time with FCP while trying to edit to tape or even print to tape. Just for those who like to know what I'm using, fcp 6 on an iMac g5. Cam is a common or garden sharp viewcam which is recognised by FCP. I import from it all the time. The footage was recorded by a canon xl1.

All I want to do is get my edited footage on to a tape. How effing hard can this be? AAARRRGH! About to throw FCP out of the window and now have such a hatred for it I'm seriously considering going Avid out of spite if nothing else.

Had a look at Ken Stone's blog and followed his instructions to the letter. Also had a look through here and a million other forums and found questions followed by questions and even more questions. Doesn't anyone have any idea of what kind of fixes there are for this problem?

Has no one ever encountered the same problem and fixed it?

Can I also say that I don;t know any tech jargon and don;t live with figures coming out of my ears or codecs or anything else like that.

If anyone knows anything I'd be very grateful. And please, answers only.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: edit to video is hurting my head
on Jun 10, 2010 at 11:54:53 pm

[Andy Pac] "Can I also say that I don;t know any tech jargon and don;t live with figures coming out of my ears or codecs or anything else like that. "
Do you not think that you need that on the AVID?

So what are your sequence setting?

What is happening when you try to PTT or ETT. Being vague here will get you vague guesses.

What is a "garden sharp viewcam" I remember selling Hi8 Viewcams.

Return to posts index

Louis McLellan
Re: edit to video is hurting my head
on Jun 11, 2010 at 6:59:28 am

Check your export settings. I go between SD and HD quite a bit and from experience, I get busy and forget to change it. I hope that helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]