FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP HD export is jerky

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eve Myhill
FCP HD export is jerky
on Jun 5, 2010 at 4:14:14 pm

I have just finished cutting a project on FCP and when I export its jerky on QT playback.

I am using footage shot on Sony 700 so its XDcam HD422 1080p25

I render before export

I am exporting through QT rather then compressor, using the following settings:

24 fps

compression type: H.264

Size: 1920 x 1080i

Codec: linear PCM, H.264

Its due to be delivered tomorrow night, I'm sure its something silly that I have overlooked. It has the feel of wrong frame rate like its either missing some or skipping over them?
Also, ask a stupid question, but working with HD footage and then exporting as 1920x1080i - is this going to cause the client problems when viewing on a non HD screen, it didn't happen with my previous projects but I'm having one of those days.

Any thoughts on what's wrong with the settings?

Thanks you in advance

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: FCP HD export is jerky
on Jun 5, 2010 at 5:35:59 pm

[Eve Myhill] "XDcam HD422 1080p25
"

[Eve Myhill] "24 fps "

Why the framerate mismatch? that cannot help.
Why are you going from progressive to interlaced?

Normally H264 is encoded much better in Compressor, export a self contained current settings movie from FCP and take that into Compressor but watch your settings, don't change to interlace or the frame rate.

Return to posts index

Eve Myhill
Re: FCP HD export is jerky
on Jun 5, 2010 at 5:43:06 pm

Yes, I noticed that after I posted - what a moron I am.

I have exported via compressor, with 25fps, progressive rather than interlaced. It's obviously not half as bad, but still jerky in places (panning with a bus moving etc) . I did export apple pro res 422 HQ, so i will try again, with H264

thanks,

By the way, I always think its so nice that people take the time to go on forums and help others out - even when they ask stupid questions, so thanks your time is appreciated.

Gnu films
http://www.gnufilms.co.uk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]