FORUMS: list search recent posts

TV station specs

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
david mayer
TV station specs
on Jun 4, 2010 at 9:13:29 pm

For the 30-second spot, the TV station wants me to export using HDV 720p x 60. Fine. But they also want me to set my sequence settings to 1280 x 720 before exporting. "Custom" will not let me do this. How?

iMac 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB
OS 10.6.2
Final Cut Pro 7.0

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: TV station specs
on Jun 4, 2010 at 9:27:11 pm

What format is your media?

Why can't you make a 1280x720 sequence? What happens when you do? What are you doing and what happens when you do it?

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

david mayer
on Jun 4, 2010 at 10:28:38 pm

My size is now: 720 x 480 NTSC DV (3:2)
(with anamorphic checked)

If I try to re-size to 1280 x 720 by changing to "custom" or just typing those numbers in, it will not let me.

OS 10.6.2
Final Cut Pro 7.0

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Jun 4, 2010 at 11:47:28 pm

You mean change the sequence settings after you've edited into it? What format is your media? Make a new sequence in the correct specs and copy and paste the contents of the old sequence into the new sequence. You will probably have to alter the motion parameters of the clips you're pasting, but I can't tell you what to do without knowing what's going on and what you've done.

if your media is really DV anamorphic you do not want to use FCP to scale it up into HD. That's a really bad idea. You should use hardware to uprez your media or third party software (I think Red Giant has one) or Compressor, but do not do it in FCP.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

david mayer
on Jun 5, 2010 at 2:07:34 am

Tom,
It is DV anamorphic media.

To see what you meant, I created a new sequence set to 1280 x 720 with the frame rate they asked for (15.94), then imported the EDL into it. Sure enough, it's messed up - like you said - with black bars on the left and right.

I'm going to try it in Compressor.

OS 10.6.2
Final Cut Pro 7.0

Return to posts index

david mayer
on Jun 5, 2010 at 2:22:17 am

Tom,
Thanks for sticking with this.

I exported from FCP as Pro Res 422 HQ 1280 x 720, 30p (but I should have tried 60p probably since they want 59.94p).

Imported to Compressor: create web reference movie - Large Web Movie. Set inspector to the TV station specs. Looks OK. Can I do better?

OS 10.6.2
Final Cut Pro 7.0

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Jun 5, 2010 at 10:17:04 am

Not with DV media.

All the best,

Tom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]