FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is FCP 6.06 a good buy?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Benton
Is FCP 6.06 a good buy?
on May 26, 2010 at 4:22:20 pm

Hello,

I am new to editing and have been using Final Cut Express and recently have got an offer to purchase FCP 6.06 for $300. I am not sure if it is worth upgrading (from FCE) and buying an older version of FCP when there is already a newer version on the market.

Currently, I just do simple videos to upload to websites. Can anyone give me their thoughts if they think this is a good deal?

Thank you in advance for any information you can give me.

Andy

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: Is FCP 6.06 a good buy?
on May 26, 2010 at 6:27:26 pm

IF all u do is simple stuff and the lite version does all u need?
Then no.

Getting a deal on an older version of the pro app is a Good buy - Yes.
Then you can proceed to upgrade as needed @ the upgrade rate.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta

Return to posts index

Andrew Benton
on May 26, 2010 at 9:26:51 pm

Thanks you, Chris for answering.

FCE has been working for me so far. It is just that I recently received some video shot by someone else and the codec he gave me is not compatible with FCE. Also, as my skill set with FC progress it would be nice to have the beefier version. I just wasn't sure if FCP 6.06 is obsolete now.

Thanks again,

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on May 26, 2010 at 11:27:12 pm

If you have an Intel system buy the full version. (In the end it will cost you about $300-400 to do it the right way). If you have a non-Intel system FCP6 is the end of the line.

FWIW - Most of the time people selling older version (for the upgrade price no less) are passing on a copy that they have upgraded, this is a form of piracy. When you upgrade the older version are not up for grabs, they are tied to the upgrade.

While there is nothing that prevents this from taking place because Apple has very lose registration methods, and we want them to keep it that way, the way to do that is to be honest.

IMO what makes FCS so much better is all the other programs, especially compressor and DVDSP. Then of course Motion, Color and STP. So there is a lot more that more features to the editing software.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]