FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to assign audio from only 1 angle in multicam

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Coffer
How to assign audio from only 1 angle in multicam
on May 25, 2010 at 9:01:37 pm

Hello everyone,

I am really struggling with something and I have tried everything to resolve it, including reading the kenstone tutorials and the web.

I have a very simple multicam setup. Two angles. The sound from one is horrid, the sound from the second is good.

I want the sound to be always on the second angle, no matter how I edit the video. I have read about clicking on "video" instead of "video and audio" but I just cannot get any consistency.

So could someone please simplify?!

I have just imported my multiclip. I was the sound from the 2nd clip (the one on the right) to be my audio for the whole clip.

What setting do I give to the 1st angle (on the left) and what setting do I give to the 2nd (on the right) so that the audio from the 2nd plays all the way through. Also, do i need to do this right at the beginning of the clip or does it not matter where?

I'd be so very grateful if you could advise me on this.

Thanks so much!

Nick

Return to posts index

Jojo Castor
Re: How to assign audio from only 1 angle in multicam
on May 25, 2010 at 9:23:46 pm

Hi, I'm new to final cut but can't you just mute the audio of the one you don't like?

Return to posts index

Nick Coffer
on May 25, 2010 at 10:01:22 pm

Just as a little addendum to my question above, I also notice that if I get the combinations wrong, the videos in the viewer just freeze completely and I cannot multicam edit. I think this happens if "video" is selected for both but I am not sure. So, as well as answering the above, I would be so grateful if someone could advise me how to avoid the screens freezing like this in the viewer.

I can confirm that both the clips have been converted in MPEGStreamclip to identica DV PAL formats with identical frame rates, sizes etc.

I am a little at my wits end here. I just refuse to believe that my sparkly new MPB with an i5 processor cannot keep up with a simple 2 camera multicam edit. I am praying that the freezing is due to something I am doing wrong, rather than a problem with the hardware. If it's the hardware which cannot keep up, I really am bemused (and a little screwed!)

Thanks so much...

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on May 26, 2010 at 6:32:10 pm

Describe you setup beyond the MBP. What media drives are you using, how are you monitoring, etc.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on May 26, 2010 at 6:47:12 pm

And yes, you could just click the little box on the left side of the audio track you don't like and mute it. Or highlight that track with your cursor and delete it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]