FORUMS: list search recent posts

Modes for blu-ray or blu-ray players

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
drew jones
Modes for blu-ray or blu-ray players
on May 15, 2010 at 11:00:43 pm

I've been finding information on the net (not sure if it's true) about problems with 30p and blu-ray compatibility

1) Will DVDs made from footage shot in DV-30p (non-HD) play on a blu-ray player?

2) If I buy a new HD camcorder (about to do) and shoot in 1080p30, can I make BLU-RAY DISCS? (as opposed to shooting in 60i)

Very cofused...
Thanks any and all.
Cheers

Return to posts index

Rob Grauert
Re: Modes for blu-ray or blu-ray players
on May 16, 2010 at 12:45:24 am

"1) Will DVDs made from footage shot in DV-30p (non-HD) play on a blu-ray player? "

I don't know if you've actually recorded 30p if you recorded on DV. I certainly could be wrong, I've just never seen a camera that records that. Either way, Blu-ray players should be backwards compatible and be able to play SD DVDs.

"2) If I buy a new HD camcorder (about to do) and shoot in 1080p30, can I make BLU-RAY DISCS? (as opposed to shooting in 60i)"

Only really high end cameras truly shoot 1080p30. If you actually got your hands on one, sure you could burn your project to Blu-ray.

I am under the impression that you think it has to be progressive scanning though. It doesn't. Blu-ray can be interlaced video too.

Rob Grauert, Jr.
http://www.robgrauert.com
command-r.tumblr.com

Return to posts index

drew jones
Re: Modes for blu-ray or blu-ray players
on May 16, 2010 at 1:09:38 am

1) Question ONE applies to shooting Pro-cinema mode with a Panasonic
PV gs500 camcorder (3 yesrs old/NON-HD). Pretty sure its a 30p mode. And assume that's true progressive.

2) Question TWO... Thinking of buying a Panasonic HDC-tm300 (NEW in2009/HD). It's pretty expensive for me :) About $800. Shoots 1080p30. I assume it's real progressive.

Thanks mate.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]