FORUMS: list search recent posts

Easiest File Based workflow

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Piazzo
Easiest File Based workflow
on May 14, 2010 at 1:25:36 am

Hi all,

We are about to upgrade our FCP to 7 and buy new cameras for our public access station. We are looking for good quality with easy and fast transfer from camera to editor. Much of our shooting is long form event, or talk show kind of material. We were looking at Panasonic the AMC40 but heard that AVCHD requires transcodeing. Still true? Is the JVC GY-HM100U still the smoothest workflow. The less steps into FCP to mpeg2 sd output the better. Any other suggestions? We want to get away from tape and plan on having our edit lab on a Maxx Digital Final share system.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Easiest File Based workflow
on May 16, 2010 at 7:36:49 pm

With P2 or AVCHD you Log & Transfer. It's pretty straight-forward. I like the process as I can review takes, set in and outs and add notes, etc. The transfer process is faster than I am, and as the transfers happen in the background, it never slows me down. Compared to the Log & Capture workflow, it's much faster. There may be software that makes the AVCHD files appear instantly in FCP (there is for P2), but I still don't mind the L&T workflow as I still have to take the same amount of time to review, pull takes, etc.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]