FORUMS: list search recent posts

Aligning clips by (time of day) timecode in the timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver Frank
Aligning clips by (time of day) timecode in the timeline
on May 4, 2010 at 8:32:11 pm

Hello,

Please forgive me if this question has been answered somewhere else, I couldn't seem to find the exact same subject.

I shot a number of repeated identical musical performances over an evening with two cameras. Both cameras and the separate audio recorder were set to record the timecode by the time of day. The shots were not continuous on each camera, so there are a number of files of different lengths, spread throughout the evening.

I was hoping that I would be able to drag the clips onto the timeline and see them automatically go into the right places in relation to each other, with the timeline starting at the earliest shot and ending at the latest; but I can't seem to find the way to do it.

Is there a way? I would be very grateful to know. I've tried the manual, but perhaps I'm looking up the wrong terminology.

With many thanks in advance,

Oliver

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: Aligning clips by (time of day) timecode in the timeline
on May 4, 2010 at 10:28:00 pm

In Sequence Settings set the timeline start time to the beginning of your program tome of day timecode. Load the clip you want to edit into the viewer. Mark the In point. Option-drag the In point from the viewer to the current time field in the canvas or the timeline. That will leap the playhead to that timecode number. Edit the shot into the timeline.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Oliver Frank
Re: Aligning clips by (time of day) timecode in the timeline
on May 6, 2010 at 8:46:05 am

Dear Tom,

Thank you very much for your tip, it worked perfectly.

Best wishes,

Oliver

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]