FORUMS: list search recent posts

New to FCP - from PPro Multiclip question

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
eric monroe
New to FCP - from PPro Multiclip question
on May 3, 2010 at 3:05:22 am

I just starting learning FCP....I have been a PPro editor for 5+ years, and I have ran into something in FCP that I am stumped by.

In the multiclip editor, you load each clip to the viewer, set your in or out points at the proper spots, then create multiclip.

What happens if somewhere during that footage, one of the cam operators stops a camera, and quickly turns it back on, and i was not made aware. So here I am editing along and my footage goes out of sync. In PPro, i can go back to the nested seq, and cut the footage, slide it down and line it back up, and go right back into the multicam seq and start editing again.

Is this possible in FCP, if so, how would it be handled in FCP.

Multi-camera production work is basically the bread and butter of my business, so it would help me greatly to figure this out.

LOVING FCP so far though. thank you in advance for any help.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: New to FCP - from PPro Multiclip question
on May 3, 2010 at 5:02:43 am

This is something that should be handled before you start, fixing it will not be easy or smooth once editing has started. I don't use PPro but just watch a tutorial on Multi-cam last night. While this maybe one thing PPro helps with I like FCP overall approach better.

The question is how where you generating TC, if you where is free run, you can quickly find the places where the TC stops matching the TC of the sequence. You would fix your stops and stops getting everything is run time, then export your clip with current settings, then this new clip is what you edit with, anyplace that the camera stops will be black. There is a program called plural eye that helps sync clips up also that can do some of the leg work for you if you are not in free run but you would need to cut the clips up, you cannot just start editing only to find these breaks later on, that would be a mess.

Return to posts index

eric monroe
Re: New to FCP - from PPro Multiclip question
on May 3, 2010 at 5:40:34 am

Hey Michael, that's what I was afraid of. Well this does however answer my question perfectly. Thanks a bunch for your speedy response!

Have a great night!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]