FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting problems with smoothcam filter

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Henry
Exporting problems with smoothcam filter
on Apr 30, 2010 at 8:00:36 pm

I have searched for an answer online and haven't found a solution yet. I'm trying to export my video from FCP and when I play the exported file I see the same error every time where it's very jittery with the smoothcam filter as though its not being applied in the export.

The footage is from an AVCHD Canon camera and I have exported using FCP and Compressor using .H264, Pro Res, and a self-contained Quicktime export to no avail. This is the first project where I've had to use the smoothcam filter.

It might be worth mentioning that one clip with smoothcam is working as it should in the export.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Exporting problems with smoothcam filter
on May 1, 2010 at 2:27:54 pm

Export a self contained QT using Export>>Quicktime Movie at current settings. Then use that file in Compessor to make your h.264 files etc.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

EPK Colorist - UP IN THE AIR - nominated for six academy awards

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Matt Henry
on May 3, 2010 at 2:59:51 pm

Thank you! That solved the problem. It's a little confusing because when you export the the self contained QT it has the shakiness problem until you run it through compressor.

Return to posts index

Matt Gibbs
on Jul 23, 2010 at 12:09:35 pm

Hi

I'm currently having the same problem but I'm unfamiliar with the software, especially compressor. Is there any chance you can break it down step-by-step for me?

I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Matt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]