FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rendering over and over

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad Mirman
Rendering over and over
on Apr 25, 2010 at 7:26:47 am

I posted this a while back but didn't get an answer. If I keep adjusting a clip and rendering it over and over does it degrade the image quality?

Thanks

Brad

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Rendering over and over
on Apr 25, 2010 at 8:46:09 am

I've answered once to your question that: unless you render to a 444 Uncompressed format there is always degradation.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: ndering over and over
on Apr 25, 2010 at 9:59:54 am

If you are talking about repeatedly rendering the same clip in the timeline after you make changes, then no re-rendering has no effect. FCP renders from the original media file through all property changes from the top down. Each one is a new render from scratch.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Brad Mirman
on Apr 25, 2010 at 4:53:46 pm

hanks Tom. That's what I wanted to know. I have a sequence that I have been working with in Magic Bullet Looks and have rendered some shots several time. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't making it worse by doing it so many times

Since each render is new, would it be a good idea to find all those previous rendered files and delete them to free up drive space?

Thanks

Brad

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Apr 25, 2010 at 6:23:03 pm

No. FCP will dump the render files that are no longer needed for playback as long as they're out of the undo queue or you close the application.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Brad Mirman
on Apr 25, 2010 at 7:26:41 pm

Thanks so much, Tom. That really helps a lot.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]