FORUMS: list search recent posts

Almost got Final Cut from Avid - 2 timeline questions

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kyler boudreau
Almost got Final Cut from Avid - 2 timeline questions
on Apr 24, 2010 at 6:31:30 pm

Hey, Creative Cow people have been great as I'm adopting to Final Cut after only using Avid for a few years.

Got two quick questions:

1) In Avid I could mark and In and Out on the time line and it would highlight all content on all layers IN BETWEEN the in and out. Then I could Ctrl-C and load that entire video/audio section into the clip viewer as a separate clip and paste in somewhere else, delete, etc. When I mark and in and out on the Final Cut timeline it will not "highlight" just that area.

2) In Final Cut I have to lock down all of the tracks I don't want to disturb when I want to lay in audio or video. In Avid I could hit a certain command and it would lay in my in and out from the clip viewer over whatever tracks i selected and overwrite the existing without pushing everything out of whack. The extra steps of locking down tracks (even thought I short cut the commands on keyboard) is kind of annoying.

Sorry....long questions. Any help appreciated!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Almost got Final Cut from Avid - 2 timeline questions
on Apr 24, 2010 at 8:45:25 pm

1) That is an Avid only feature. You will find LOTS of those. And lots of FCP only features. That's how these applications keep their uniqueness. One thing you have to do, and it is tough, is to stop using all the workflow tricks you used in AVID in FCP. What you will have to razor all the clips at the IN and OUT points, then you can highlight them and COPY them., the SHIFT-V to insert paste, or regular CMD-V to overwrite paste. I thought that the RANGE SELECTION TOO (second one on the toolbar to the side of the timeline) would work, but only on LINKED clips

2) What is that command? I would like to know that, because I'm using Avid now, and I have to manually turn off all the tracks I don't want affected, like I do in FCP as well. NO locking, just

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]