FORUMS: list search recent posts

No audio coming from Compressed MPEG 2 file

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kyle Graves
No audio coming from Compressed MPEG 2 file
on Apr 16, 2010 at 7:30:04 pm

Here is the issue

I compress our programs out of FCP studio 2, current version 6.0.5. Audio is good and I make sure I apply a mixdown render.

Project is exported to Compresser. I go to the settings folders and go APPLE-FORMATS-MPEG 2 folder and use the program stream setting. I assign the Desktop as the destination. Click Submit and I have perfectly compressed video in the standard program stream setting WITH NO AUDIO. I've tried the other MPEG-2 settiings in the FORMATS folder and get nothing.

If I try a different setting for the web, audio is fine.

I have this problem on two computers but not on one labtop. Each is operating on MAC OS X version 10.5.8. One Mac pro and my macbook pro are the computers who can't compress. The one I can compress on is a mac book pro.

I'm desperate for any answers. Please help. Thank you in advance for your assistance. It's GREATLY appreciated.

All these programs mind you I play using Quicktime after they are compressed.

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
Re: No audio coming from Compressed MPEG 2 file
on Apr 16, 2010 at 11:31:31 pm

Here's a link to a thread regarding this: http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/71/861145

Other than that, I got nothin'.

HTH

Gary

This is me - this is what I do - http://web.mac.com/garymmw

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: No audio coming from Compressed MPEG 2 file
on Apr 17, 2010 at 7:42:13 pm

I tried this in FCP 7.0.2 and it works as expected. Make sure in the Encoder tab of the Inspector, in the Extras tab, that "Multiplexed MPEG-1/Layer 2 Audio" > Program Stream is checked. You can also try Transport Stream and see if that works.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]