FORUMS: list search recent posts

Two Reveal Master Clip related questions

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Abbi Jutkowitz
Two Reveal Master Clip related questions
on Apr 14, 2010 at 5:40:43 pm

Hello,

1. Is there a way to reveal a sequence in the browser? For example, I open have many bins open and rather than having to navigate to the seq I'm in, I'd like to just hit Reveal Master Clip. Of course that only reveals master clips, not sequences. In Avid I would just Find Bin, and this finds master clips OR sequences. Is there an FCP way to do this? Am I doomed to using the find function for this?

2. I have a project with many bins. Often when I Reveal Master Clip the browser window gets buggy--it selects the clip but it appears to not be in the correct bin. Then I move my mouse up and each line I move it up, the browser changes/refreshes to correctly display what I'm mousing over, eventually showing that the clip is in the bin I'd expect. The behavior is hard to explain but it's happened to me since I started using FCP 2 so it's certainly not a "try trashing preferences" thing.
I only get this weird behavior with revealing a clip in the browser. If I have the bin that my clip is in open in a separate window from the browser, then Reveal Clip is not buggy. Any way to force FCP to Reveal Clip by opening the bin separate from the browser? I presume not since bins are really just folders within the FCP project file, but thought I'd ask anyway.

thanks,
abbi

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]