FORUMS: list search recent posts

Didn't get a response

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rachel Miller
Didn't get a response
on Mar 30, 2010 at 10:02:02 pm

Hello,

I didn't get a response to the last response I posted. I just spoke with my colleague and he stated he still has the footage on his external hard drive. What file format should he use to export it? Should he export it as a .fcp project file or a .mov Quicktime file that's of course not a reference file. I also have some other footage that was exported as mpeg4's. Will I have a problem importing these to FCP? Thanks I really need your assistance.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Didn't get a response
on Mar 30, 2010 at 10:25:44 pm

Rachel,

We are all volunteers here who also have work we're trying to accomplish. So, the proper etiquette here is not to grow impatient and start another thread. That gets very laborious for all concerned.

[Rachel Miller] "I just spoke with my colleague and he stated he still has the footage on his external hard drive. What file format should he use to export it?"

The format he captured will be the most helpful if you want it to link to the original project file.

[Rachel Miller] "Should he export it as a .fcp project file or a .mov Quicktime file that's of course not a reference file."

He should give you a copy of the project file and all media files associated with the project. Exporting a self contained Quicktime file of the entire project will also be of help to you so you can check to be sure that everything is correct.

[Rachel Miller] "I also have some other footage that was exported as mpeg4's. Will I have a problem importing these to FCP? "

Yes, Mpeg4 files are not editing files, they are a delivery format. You will have to transcode them to any editing format to edit them further, preferably matching the same codec of captured video your colleague is sending.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

EPK Colorist - UP IN THE AIR - nominated for six academy awards

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Rachel Miller
on Mar 31, 2010 at 4:27:04 pm

Thanks and I understand. It appears that he captured them as Quicktime files because he was able to do the rough cut. I believe when he exported it he exported it as quicktime reference files and mpeg 4 files. I asked him to export it all as mov. files since that it what he captured it as from the source(mini dvs). Will this work?

Thanks

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Mar 31, 2010 at 4:37:08 pm

He should give copy all the original Quicktimes and the project file. That's not an actually an export.

However, he should export a self-contained Quicktime file for you so that you can refer to it to make certain everything is right on your end.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

EPK Colorist - UP IN THE AIR - nominated for six academy awards

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]