FORUMS: list search recent posts

front image on QT movie

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Virginia Howe
front image on QT movie
on Mar 29, 2010 at 7:16:48 pm

The movie I'm working on starts out black, then goes into the titles. My question: How do I change the black box to another image so it looks nice on the web page (before the user clicks on it it activate)? What is that called?

VirginiaHowe.com

Return to posts index

Simon Hustings
Re: front image on QT movie
on Apr 1, 2010 at 9:30:39 am

I believe you are talking about a posterframe. Depending on how you've built your website and how you've added the QT component, you may have the option of setting a thumbnail (a jpeg screenshot) or to select the posterframe (a dynamically selected frame from within the video itself.)

I use flash for web video content and most flv video components give you the option of setting a thumbnail image that works as a placeholder until the play button is pressed. (like YouTube) You should find the same kind of options within your QT component.

All the best,

Simon

"Is it me or do I spend half my life watching little grey bars turn into little blue bars??"

Return to posts index

Virginia Howe
Re: front image on QT movie
on Apr 1, 2010 at 12:54:55 pm

Thank you Simon for your response, I'm using GoLive to insert the QT movie on the web page. I'l take a look in there and see if there is anything like poster frame. I did a workaround by using a screen capture of the frame I wanted and inserting it into the front of the fcp file for one frame. It looks OK but not as clear as the rest of it. Regards,

VirginiaHowe.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]