FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cutting your captured file

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Franz Krekeler
Cutting your captured file
on Mar 27, 2010 at 1:21:29 pm

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to know if there's a possibility or application for splitting your big Mov-files into many "small parts" without any loss of quality or an long effort of time? That would help me save some space because then I could get rid of the unwanted parts. Could any one show me the in Final Cut? Otherwise I could use an other application.

I would be pleased about any clues ;)
Franz

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: Cutting your captured file
on Mar 27, 2010 at 2:39:12 pm

You can do this with media manager in FCP. Edit out the material you don't want. Use Media Manager to trim the project to just the material you want to keep. Or you can do it for individual clips in the QuickTime player.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Franz Krekeler
on Mar 27, 2010 at 3:37:09 pm

Thank you very much, but at the moment I'm using FCE so I don't have the Media Manager.
Are there any other opportunities?

peace

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Mar 27, 2010 at 7:14:31 pm

Then you can do it piece by piece , trimming a clip and exporting it from FCE. Or you can do it roughly using the QT player.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]