FORUMS: list search recent posts

Connecting existing clip to a new media file

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Brazier
Connecting existing clip to a new media file
on Mar 25, 2010 at 1:51:53 pm

Hi

Hope someone can help. I digitised footage from a dvd into my project at 4:3 and have cut from it. I now need to change that footage to 16:9. I have tried loading the dvd in at 16:9 and then making original master clip offline and reconnecting but it is not working. Can i reconnect the existing edited clips to the new different aspect ratio media?

Hope that makes sense

Return to posts index

Todd Gillespie
Re: Connecting existing clip to a new media file
on Mar 25, 2010 at 4:30:13 pm

Hi Ryan,

The way you're doing it should work.
When you are trying to reconnect the media with the 'new' 16x9 clip, you're probably going to need to uncheck the box that says 'same name and/or file' (I can't remember how it's stated).
Once you do that FCP with let you replace the file with any clip you want. Do keep in mind that unless you're 'recapture' is EXACTLY the same time and in and out points, the edit will slip out of sync.

Good Luck,

Todd at UCSB
Television Production

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Connecting existing clip to a new media file
on Mar 25, 2010 at 4:59:59 pm

Did you Capture the DVD by playing out of a player or by using a program like MPEG Streamclip to rip it off the DVD? Is the footage on the DVD 16x9 or do you want to enlarge and crop a 4x3 image to make it 16x9?

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.1, Motion 4.0.1, Comp 3.5.1, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.1)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]