FORUMS: list search recent posts

Aligning Clips by Timecode

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron Cole
Aligning Clips by Timecode
on Mar 16, 2010 at 10:40:36 pm

I am new to Final Cut Pro so this is probably a really simple question - but I can not find the answer in any of the manuals.

I have imported an EDL and now have 60 plus audio and video clips from three different cameras. I want to align my video clips to the timecode of the audio tracks.

My previous editing system (Accom Affinity) I would drop the audio clip on the audio channel the video clip on the video channel then do a SHIFT SELECT on the audio then video clip to select both items and then select Align Timecode and boom both of the clips are synced perfectly.

On FCP I can see the little red box that tells me how far out of sync they are but where is the "button" to get them to sync automatically?

Thanks for your help...

PS: Maybe I'll to old to go through another learning curve...?

Return to posts index

Ari Feldman
Re: Aligning Clips by Timecode
on Mar 16, 2010 at 11:08:00 pm

If you right click (control click) on those red boxes a menu will appear with choices to "Move into Sync" or "Slip into Sync." Try "Move into Sync" and see if that works.

The FCP manuel does explain this in a section called Getting Clip Items Back in Sync which is under the larger heading of Linking and Editing Video and Audio in Sync.

http://documentation.apple.com/en/finalcutpro/usermanual/

p.s.
An old man once told me "you're as old as you think you are." He was drunk, but I think there's some truth to that.

Ari Feldman
Apple Certified Trainer

Return to posts index

Ron Cole
Re: Aligning Clips by Timecode
on Mar 16, 2010 at 11:30:42 pm

Awesome - Thanks that works perfect. And now I know why I couldn't find it in the manual - I was looking for aligning timecode or sync timecode. Guess I'll need to learn the "Final Cut Lingo"

Thanks again for your help!

... Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill ...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]