FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mixed format/resolution finishing and output NIGHTMARE

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kristi Jarvis
Mixed format/resolution finishing and output NIGHTMARE
on Mar 16, 2010 at 12:38:59 am

Background:

*Shot sister's wedding using Sony ZIP on HDV tape for main footage and on a Sony DCR - RS65 for second camera.

*Captured HDV footage as Apple Pro Res 422 HD 1440x1080 50i. GOt lots of little media files as was often turning camera on and off.

*Copied MPGs off Sony DCR-RS65 and converted into 1024x576 .movs with square pixels (trying to retain widescreen aspect ratio when bringing into FCP). Got a few big media files (29 minutes each) as I set the camera up and let it run by itself.

*Did a whole bunch of editing in sequences set to Apple Pro Res 422, frame size: 1440x1080 pixel aspect ratio: 1440x1080

*Started playing around with color correction / grading
*Discovered Red Giant Resizer and Coremelt Lock and Load X.

QUESTION:

How can I manage
1.Resizing the Sony DCR clips that are already in the timeline. Do I need to or is it enough to export a QT reference file at 1440x1080 50i settings?

2. Stabilising the ZIP clips in timeline that need it

3. Grading the edits considering seprate source media files (DCR footage needs different grade from ZIP footage to bring them in line with each other. EG: can I whack one grade on the original DCR master clips and have them feed through all my timelines? )

4. Add the transitions between the shots without having to re-render everything.

5. Do a sound mix (can I use sound soap? Audacity?)

6.Output the final sequences correctly to create a DVD in Idvd.

Right now I'm drowning in a sea of media files, master clips, affiliates, independant clips, nested sequences, reference QT movie files.

I know this is a huge list of questions, any hints or tips that I can use rather than starting from scratch will be very very appreciated.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]