FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compresser Export

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Dannunzio
Compresser Export
on Mar 15, 2010 at 12:36:06 pm

Hello,

this is kind of a basic question. We just installed the Final Cut Studio package onto our Mac. Why can't we see the Compressor option within the Final Cut program as an export option? We tried restarting but it only gives us the quicktime export option. I am sure this is a quick fix, but what are we missing?

Thoughts?

Much appreciated,
Mark

Mark Dannunzio

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: Compresser Export
on Mar 15, 2010 at 1:35:03 pm

It's not an Export function. It's a Send to function, though you're better off exporting a QuickTime Movie and taking that to Compressor.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Mark Dannunzio
on Mar 15, 2010 at 2:28:43 pm

Hello,

It's interesting because I have Final Cut Studio 2 at work and the export function within Final Cut will export to compressor. I am not sure why it doesn't show up with my other computer.

Thanks again,
Mark

Mark Dannunzio

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Mar 15, 2010 at 2:35:01 pm

It would rally hekp if you said what versions you're using. If you don't say we assume the current version. Is FCS2 the version in both locations?

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Mark Dannunzio
on Mar 15, 2010 at 3:26:00 pm

Hello,

I am using version 6.0.6 on one machine that has the Compressor export feature and the other that doesn't is version 7.0.

Thanks
Mark

Mark Dannunzio

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Mar 15, 2010 at 3:41:23 pm

That's right. As I said in the current version it's in the Send to function not in the Export function.

All the best,

Tom

Return to posts index

Mark Dannunzio
on Mar 15, 2010 at 3:44:37 pm

Tom,

thanks for your help. I apologize for not being clear the first time.

All my best,
Mark

Mark Dannunzio

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]