FORUMS: list search recent posts

Title safe and crop FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philippe Montagne
Title safe and crop FCP
on Mar 13, 2010 at 3:27:34 pm

Hi,
I have a little problem! I'm done with my editing but sometimes in order to recenter the image I had to move it a little bit on the left or right but still left it out of the title safe mark.
Now when Im exporting it to quicktime it shows up! I thought the footage out of the title safe would not show up???
I have put it on a DVD but still the same problem (I don't have a dvd player to verify directly on TV how it is)!
Any help appreciated!

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: Title safe and crop FCP
on Mar 13, 2010 at 4:03:44 pm

[Philippe Montagne] "Now when Im exporting it to quicktime it shows up! I thought the footage out of the title safe would not show up???"

No, that's completely wrong. Footage outside of title safe MIGHT not show up on some TV's. Usually it does. The Title Safe is there to ensure that all your titles WILL show up on all TVs.

When you export a Quicktime Movie and look at that on a computer, you will see the Entire image, edge to edge.

Title Safe has nothing to do with whether an image will or will not appear on a tv.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"Foul Water, Fiery Serpent" featuring Sigourney Weaver coming soon.

Blog

Twitter

Return to posts index

Philippe Montagne
on Mar 13, 2010 at 4:10:28 pm

Thx a lot for the answer Walter.
Is there any way to recenter the image without it showing up other than scaling it up above 100?
The thing is, when I am on my timeline and look at the TV as an external video playback, everything outside the title safe area doesn't show up! So I thought... :)
But of course it does in quicktime or on the DVD! :(

Return to posts index

Philippe Montagne
on Mar 13, 2010 at 4:21:15 pm

Thx a lot for the answer Walter!
It looks like if I am editing it to tape then everything out of the title safe doesn't show up.
When I am on my timeline and play it with the TV as my video playback it doesn't show up either!
So is there any way to export it to DVD and keep it that way instead of using export it to Quicktime and seeing the entire image edge to edge?
Thx for the help!

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Mar 13, 2010 at 5:13:40 pm

[Philippe Montagne] "So is there any way to export it to DVD and keep it that way instead of using export it to Quicktime and seeing the entire image edge to edge?"

Blowing up the image. That's the only way. When you play back a tape, a DVD or even a quicktime movie, the amount of the image displayed is wholly dependent on the resolution capabilities of the screen.

Play back your DVD on a brand new HD plasma screen and you'll see almost edge to edge. Play it on an older standard TV and you won't see as much.

Play the DVD on any computer, you'll see pretty much edge to edge.

You'd have to scale up your image so what you see edge to edge in FCP and Quicktime is what you would see on a DVD. Then your image is going to fall apart unfortunately.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"Foul Water, Fiery Serpent" featuring Sigourney Weaver coming soon.

Blog

Twitter

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Mar 13, 2010 at 4:20:25 pm

Title Safe means that the title is not at risk.
Out of the TS area, will depends of where you display it.
As Walter says only a computer will show the whole picture.
A DVD in a TV will be more cropped than the same DVD in a computer.
Rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Philippe Montagne
on Mar 13, 2010 at 4:24:21 pm

Thx Rafael! That's what I read on another post! Unfortunately I don't have a DVD player (using my cpu).
So I guess I need to see it on a DVD player to see where the edge stops huh?! :)
Again, thx a lot guys!

Return to posts index

Sam Ellens
on Mar 15, 2010 at 7:38:22 pm

I'd say a better idea is to make the image fill the frame. Even if you watch it on your tv and it looks fine that doesn't mean that others on different TVs won't see your mistake. It'd look very sloppy.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]