FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need Recommendation on External Storage

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Leung
Need Recommendation on External Storage
on Mar 9, 2010 at 8:14:58 pm

Hi,
I just want to get an idea of what the FCP professional use for their external storage (drobo, OWC, etc.).

I just want to get about 1tb of affordable, redundant (if possible) storage for video captures.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,
Aaron

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Need Recommendation on External Storage
on Mar 9, 2010 at 8:36:52 pm

Look to the ads to the left and right on this page. They're all reputable vendors. If you search you'll find plenty of threads answering your question.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.1, Motion 4.0.1, Comp 3.5.1, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.1)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Craig Thomas Quinlan
Re: Need Recommendation on External Storage
on Mar 30, 2010 at 7:00:42 pm

It depends on the material you want to edit. Since you only want 1TB my guess is you're editing very low-bandwidth media. Look @ Gtech for a really solid redudant raid1 FW/eSata array. Some people use LaCie quadras but LaCie has never given us anything other than problems. Your mileage may vary...

If you need to graduate to something that can handle higher-bandwidth material (not to mention more capacity), look at the Maxx Digital evo2k and 4k line. You'd need a tower, of course, if you're not already using one.

Figure out your bandwidth requirements before you make a purchase.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]