FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dropped frames prompt - help

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kenneth Sutton
Dropped frames prompt - help
on Mar 5, 2010 at 6:07:58 am

I'm trying to do a tutorial right now about soundtrack pro using CD-ROM lessons on my laptop. Once I open a tutorial from the ROM, then play the clip on the Final Cut Pro timeline, it always stops and then a prompt comes up that says "One or more frames dropped during playback...", then in red it says "RT Extreme has determined that these dropped frames have been caused by slow discs. Please try increasing the speed of your discs, decreasing the number of RT layers, or limiting your RT bandwidth in User Preferences. What's the best way of going about freeing myself up of these prompts every 5 seconds and playing a clip unhindered on my laptop? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
Re: Dropped frames prompt - help
on Mar 6, 2010 at 3:47:24 am

[Kenneth Sutton] "Once I open a tutorial from the ROM, then play the clip on the Final Cut Pro timeline, it always stops and then a prompt comes up that says "One or more frames dropped during playback"

Did you copy all files off of the DVD?

Hindsight is always 1080p

Return to posts index

Matt Campbell
Re: Dropped frames prompt - help
on Mar 8, 2010 at 7:20:24 pm

In your timeline, click on the RT drop down menu. Lower your playback quality and your frame rate. Try rendering your sequence. Its just a matter of find the right combination of settings to play back your timeline. Is your harddrive a 7200 rpm one? Disk speed plays a big part on performance.

OS 10.5.5, Mac Pro 2 x 3 ghz quad-core intel xenon, 9 gb ram, with BM Intensity Pro card

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]