FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why the Squish? DVD-destined Apple Pro Res Exported at Current Settings in QT

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ann Silenza
Why the Squish? DVD-destined Apple Pro Res Exported at Current Settings in QT
on Mar 4, 2010 at 7:48:06 am

Hey smarties,

I have 5 different 60 min programs of material to turn to DVDs, made up almost entirely of text created in FCP.

I need to find the best way to put this content on DVDs. The priorities are 1) effenciancy (need this by Friday night) 2) quality (it will be on a big screen and watched by a lot of people).

The sequence settings are - and this is where I feel clueless - some blend of Uncompressed NTSC 8bit and Apple ProRes. When I opened the sequence originally, I said make it Uncompressed 8... and then in the Sequence Settings I set the "compressor" to be Apple ProRes per the advice of Creative Cows.

Here are my seq settings:

Here is how it looks in my FCP viewer at 100%:

Here's how it looks after export in QT Current Settings:

Q: Why the squish? Does this have something to do with square pixels?

Q: What's my ideal workflow with these settings, going from (what I think is) Apple ProRes 422 --> DVD? Do I want to export at Current Settings then go to Compressor to do DVD Settings then go to DVD Studio pro? Is it advisable to skip any of these steps. I also have After Effects if that's advisable.

Q: Since the files are big and I am on a tight deadline, is it advisable to make reference files instead of self-compressed?

Thank you all,
Ann

Return to posts index

Ann Silenza
Re: Why the Squish? DVD-destined Apple Pro Res Exported at Current Settings in QT
on Mar 5, 2010 at 4:41:45 am

Solved - the squish went away after I put the files through Compressor.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]