FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editing Nikon D3S video material with FCP 5.1.4

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emil Herrera-Schulz
Editing Nikon D3S video material with FCP 5.1.4
on Mar 1, 2010 at 2:17:32 pm

Happy 1st of March!

I need some help with video material I have started editing within FCP 5.1.4.

I am not sure what are the best settings for my sequence in order to properly work with the AVI files that come from my Nikon D3S.

Accidentally the other day I changed the settings on FCP. Under Audio/Video Settings and now it is:

Sequence Preset: Apple Intermidiate Codec (I have never worked with this one before)

I assume I should change it to something like HDV - 1080i50
But my files didn't come from a HDV, and if they all are AVI, what preset should I use?

Under "Sequence Settings" I find my self lost again. I cannot find anything similar to the settings of my original files (which are 1280 X 720 to start with)

For example, when I imported video form the D3S and placed it on my timeline, the image on the preview screen appeared smaller, so I had to pull the corners to fill the frame. Clearly I am doing something wrong.

Then when I try exporting with Compressor, it always fails to export or it says codec error.

What can I do?

Thank you so much!
Emil

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Editing Nikon D3S video material with FCP 5.1.4
on Mar 1, 2010 at 8:39:11 pm

Transcode with Compressor to AIC 720. Use advanced format conversion presets. Match sequence settings to transcode

Return to posts index

Emil Herrera-Schulz
Re: Editing Nikon D3S video material with FCP 5.1.4
on Mar 2, 2010 at 8:48:24 am

Hello Richard,

I don't know how to transcode using AIC, but I have started reading Compressor's manual and might be able to figure it out. If not, will ask again :) I think this is not available in my FCP 5.1.4 version.

I think that if I upgrade to FCP7 or FCStudio 3 might make my life easier. Do you know if I can upgrade to 3 if I have version 1?

Or do I have to upgrade first to FCSutido 2?

Thank you!

Emil Herrera-Schulz
http://www.visionsofthewild.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]