FORUMS: list search recent posts

best setting for fcp sequence from AE animation codec render

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lisa Missenda
best setting for fcp sequence from AE animation codec render
on Feb 27, 2010 at 7:04:12 pm

Hello

I have footage that has been rendered out by AE at 1920x1080, 29.97 fps, animation codec, it came into AE as HD 1080 60i at 1920x1080 29.97fps. I'd like to create a sequence in FCP to add some stills and livetype and then export to QT to go to Compressor.

What is the correct settings for my fcp sequence. I can't seem to find one that meets all the AE files critieria. No capture device (camera) is connected.

Thanks for your help.

Lisa

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: best setting for fcp sequence from AE animation codec render
on Feb 27, 2010 at 8:07:44 pm

If you create a new sequence, then drag your AFX file to it, FCP should ask if you want the seq to match those of the file. But, I'm not sure how much FCP likes the Animation codec in terms of RT performance, so that might not be a great idea. What's the format of your final file after you export from FCP and use Compressor? That might dictate what Compressor setting to use in your edit sequence.

The animation codec gives you an alpha channel, so if you need that and you're placing that file over another video track, it might have been better to use ProRes4444 which has an alpha and FCP is more likely to play it in RT.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.1, Motion 4.0.1, Comp 3.5.1, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.1)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]