FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bogus render error?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ted Joyce
Bogus render error?
on Feb 26, 2010 at 11:50:06 pm

I just moved a large FC7 project onto a newly formatted LaCie 8TB disk array & it seems to be working fine. However after about 100Gb of rendering it now gives me a Render Error: insufficient disk space. Free up space with the Render Manager and retry? I have the system settings set for the audio and video capture and render on the 8TB array. The 8TB array has 4.6 Gig full so there is lots of space. Should the array be partitioned or something.

Help.

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
Re: Bogus render error?
on Feb 27, 2010 at 3:52:13 am

[Ted Joyce] "I just moved a large FC7 project onto a newly formatted LaCie 8TB disk array"

And what format would that be?

Hindsight is always 1080p

Return to posts index

Ted Joyce
on Feb 27, 2010 at 5:28:28 am

It 1080 x1920 /23.98PsF ProRes422HQ. I restarted Final Cut & surprize, it completed the rest of the renders. Hope it doesn't happen again. Thanks for the response

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on Feb 27, 2010 at 8:31:20 am

By format I ment format of the drive sorry I should have been more clear.

Glad its working for you though.

Return to posts index

Ted Joyce
on Feb 27, 2010 at 6:04:26 pm

They are two LaCie 4Big quadras in raid 5 mode. The Kona test gave them about 195Mb Per sec. individually and around 300 when in raid 0 pair.

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on Feb 27, 2010 at 6:26:01 pm

Again that does not tell me how the drive is formated.

Right click on the drive and select get info.

Return to posts index

Ted Joyce
on Feb 27, 2010 at 7:21:16 pm

The two arrays were formatted using Mac OX's drive utility as a striped pair in one 8.1 TB partition. The individual arrays are hardware arrays setup w/ LaCie's software as raid 5. Not sure what else your'e asking Zaine?

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on Feb 27, 2010 at 7:28:56 pm

Again that does NOT tell me what format the drive is. All it tell me is what you used to format the drive, disk utility can format a drive to several formats.

I will quote my last post where I gave instructions on how to check what the drive format is.

[Zane Barker] "Right click on the drive and select get info. "

The reason I ask is because there are some drive formats that put file size limits on the drive, and that WILL cause problems.

Return to posts index

Ted Joyce
on Feb 27, 2010 at 7:35:57 pm

Sorry, I didn't have my Mac booted & didn't get your question. It is Mac OS extended both for the individual arrays, and for the 8TB stripe that shows up on the desktop.

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on Feb 27, 2010 at 7:39:54 pm

GOOD!

That format does not have any file size limitations which will cause numerious problems with FCP.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]