FORUMS: list search recent posts

can autorender render "full" segments?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joe kaye
can autorender render "full" segments?
on Feb 24, 2010 at 6:10:05 pm

i'm doing a lot of short films that need exporting for web and my workflow involves exporting quicktime refs to then drop into compressor (there are a lot of exports so i use refs rather than self contained quicktime files). This means i can compress to h264 in compressor while still working on another edit in fcp.

To make the ref files as small as possible i fully render my edits before exporting and it would save me a lot of time sitting at the computer if i could use autorender to render all my open timelines at once - this would work fine except i can't seem to force autorender to render the "full" (dark green) segments like video dissolves etc.

does anyone know if there is a way to do this?

and while i'm on the subject, is there any way to force an autorender to start immediatelyrather than just setting it to start after 1 minute?

i know i'm technically not saving space as the render files are still using disk space, but it's easy to manage the render files in fcp and it's quite useful to have the edits fully rendered

thanks in advance for any help...

Return to posts index

John O'Brien
Re: can autorender render "full" segments?
on Feb 24, 2010 at 6:42:26 pm

I would love to know how to FORCE FCP to auto render the light green ---- currently, I have to just leave FCP running for like an hour to get it to do that.

Return to posts index

joe kaye
on Feb 25, 2010 at 10:03:10 am

you can set the wait time under user preferences (alt+q) under the general tab (bottom right) - you can change it to 1 minute but that's the best i've managed so far....

i've yet to figure out what the RT segment tick box changes (probably because i always have RT set to safe mode)

Return to posts index

Eric Wilson
on Jul 22, 2010 at 10:38:23 pm

this has me frustrated as well,
cant seem to solve it; best workaround thus far is to change sequence render settings so that dark green "full" segments become light green "preview" segments....those will autorender.
still hoping to find a real solution...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]