FORUMS: list search recent posts

The black space between image and edge

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
luis ortiz
The black space between image and edge
on Feb 23, 2010 at 4:23:22 am

Hello,
I'm new to Final Cut Pro, and I've been shooting with a GH1 and my clips have this black space, between the image and the edge. What is this area called? How do I get rid of it? I've tried re rendering my clips in different sizes and searching for answers on net.
Please advise, I appreciate any help. This is my Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/VillaOrleansPR

Thank you for your time.

Return to posts index

Matt Campbell
Re: The black space between image and edge
on Feb 23, 2010 at 4:25:32 pm

Not familiar with that camera. But double click the clip and load it into the viewer. check the motion tab. is it set to 100%.

what format are you shooting in? Meaning, is it 720p, 1080, etc...Make sure your sequence settings match your footage settings. Use the easy setups to help you out.

OS 10.5.5, Mac Pro 2 x 3 ghz quad-core intel xenon, 9 gb ram, with BM Intensity Pro card

Return to posts index

Roli Rivelino
Re: The black space between image and edge
on Feb 23, 2010 at 4:29:29 pm

It looks like your sequence settings were set incorrectly, when you drop the clips into your timeline FCP should ask you if you want to set your sequence settings to the same as your clip settings, say yes and everything should be ok.

If FCP doesn't ask you this then you need to go into easy set up and set formats to all formats.

aka Newbie Wan Kenewbie. "The young Newbie, is now a Padawon."

System
Mac Pro 2.8Gb quad core
8Gb RAM
1x 320Gb 7200 hardrive
1x 1Tb 7200 hardrive
Nvidia Geforce 8800 512mb Graphics card
1x 1Tb external WD 'My Book' eSata

Equipment
Panasonic AG-HVX 200
Firestore FS-100

Return to posts index