FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trim preview options in Final Cut

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jose Moris
Trim preview options in Final Cut
on Feb 22, 2010 at 8:24:52 pm

Hello,

I am originally an Avid Editor. I've been editing on Final Cut 6 for about a year or so. Since, then I've manage to overcome a lot of the little annoyances of working full time on a completely new platform. One annoyance that I have yet to overcome is the long preview time in trim mode. I've tried to see if there is a way of shortening this, but I have yet to find a solution. Before I lose hope and give up, I figure I'll ask the folks on this forum. So, is there a way to shorten the preview time in trim mode, or am I just going to have to sit through so many extra seconds of footage, just to see the result of my trim?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

José

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: Trim preview options in Final Cut
on Feb 22, 2010 at 8:31:29 pm

You mean the preview preroll and preview postroll? You can set them to whatever you like in the Editing panel of user preferences.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Jose Moris
Re: Trim preview options in Final Cut
on Feb 22, 2010 at 8:35:58 pm

You're a god, or I'm a fool. Pick one. LOL...I swear, I always figure out the real complicated stuff, but manage to miss the obvious. Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]