FORUMS: list search recent posts

Add logo to end of text crawl

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jacob Resendez
Add logo to end of text crawl
on Feb 22, 2010 at 4:28:58 pm

i have a text crawl that needs to have the company logo trailing at the end. what is the best way to do this?

thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Add logo to end of text crawl
on Feb 22, 2010 at 5:27:36 pm

There are several. Here's two. In Final Cut, just add the logo to another layer using alpha channel transparency, and in the timeline, use the motion tab and keyframing to hide it off the bottom of the screen and then reveal it at a speed that matches the text roll. You can keyframe it to stop mid-screen and fade out, or to continue up past the top of the screen and roll off. This is what I'd probably do myself.

You can do this part in Apple Motion and then import it as a a clip, layering it as discussed before.

And I may be wrong on this one, but you *might* be able to bring the element into Live Type and make it roll along with your text.

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
on Feb 23, 2010 at 2:50:56 am

If you have LiveType, that's your best bet. Super easy there! Not included in FCS3 but you can install it from previous versions of FCS.

Tony Brittan
Apple Certified Pro - FCP
islandshoreproductions.com

Return to posts index

Jacob Resendez
on Feb 25, 2010 at 3:20:44 pm

thanks guys. this helps a bunch.

Tony, i was up against a time crunch and settled for AE and import a .mov to lay over my clip. i did this before i received your post but i will give this a try as well. AE might not be the best idea (or might be) but it got the job done to get my comp out for the client.

Mark, i will also give the alpha channel scenario a shot too. I figured FCP had this option, just couldnt put it all together in my head fast enough.

i took over this project at work because we lost our editor. luckily, most of the work has already been done. i will eventually have to get this out for broadcast. what is the best route i should take so that i can ensure the quality of my crawl and logo are at its best? my AE cut looks fine, on a monitor of course, but i just want to make sure it will translate to the TV.

thanks again for your help!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]