FORUMS: list search recent posts

capture via analog mic w/out v/o tool?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Dougherty
capture via analog mic w/out v/o tool?
on Feb 12, 2010 at 5:06:47 pm

Hi,

(before posting I searched for this on CC to no avail) I want to capture some scratch track via analog-in and don't want to use the Voice Over Tool. I want to create lots of takes and save them to a bin. In a/v settings I managed to create a new capture preset for analog audio but when I attempt to go into the Capture window I get this message...

"To Capture HDV source material, both the Capture and Device control presets must be configured for HDV; otherwise, to capture in another format, both must NOT be configured for HDV"

For this job I've finished all my video capturing. So while I'll be editing with an HDV preset for Sequences, I'm out to do audio-only capturing from here on. How can I do this? That's is my primary question. (Even if I were capturing during my session, could I toggle back and forth between capt settings?)

Thanks,

Paul

An incidental question has to do with my inability to duplicate an HDV capt preset. I don't think would solve the above problem but the "duplicate" button remained gray, frustrating any attempt to duplicate and customize.

Finally (once I get analog capture working) is it reasonable to expect real-time loop-thru/preview thru headphones.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: capture via analog mic w/out v/o tool?
on Feb 12, 2010 at 6:23:11 pm

Use QUICKTIME to capture your audio. NEW AUDIO RECORDING. It'll save them as MOV files, but just export as AIFF and you are golden.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]