FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 6 to Compressor for MPEG2

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Jones
FCP 6 to Compressor for MPEG2
on Feb 9, 2010 at 1:04:26 am

but not for DVD Studio Pro or IDVD. (Macbook needs Superdrive, which I ordered but hasn't come yet) I use the preset for Best Quality 90 minutes, and drop the audio in there too. My output never has audio. I know this seems like a silly question, but I can't seem to get the audio on the output. Is it always going to separate the audio and video into separate file? If you drop on top it only gives the audio file. I have no porblems using custom stuff for any other compressions except for MPEG2. Maybe a graphic representation would help? lol.
I feel like a noob, its just for many years I never used Compressor for DVD stuff.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: FCP 6 to Compressor for MPEG2
on Feb 9, 2010 at 1:51:48 am

Authoring DVDs with most apps that use the DVD spec requires separate audio and video files. If you look in the directory for best 90-min DVD you will see that it includes two presets, one for creating a video .m2t file, and one for creating a Dolby encoded .ac3 audio file. You can drop the entire directory onto the thing in Compressor and it will apply both the audio and video presets at the same time.

Does this answer your question?

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Matt Jones
Re: FCP 6 to Compressor for MPEG2
on Feb 9, 2010 at 2:52:53 am

Brilliant! I'll give it a shot with something small in FCP as a test.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]