FORUMS: list search recent posts

final cut freezing during digitizing

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Donna Valenti
final cut freezing during digitizing
on Feb 4, 2010 at 4:53:42 pm

any suggestions on what might be causing final cut (studio, 6) to freeze and close out without saving during digitizing? i haven't changed any settings, haven't had problems in the past, so i'm totally stumped... would appreciate any input.

thanks!

~DV

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: final cut freezing during digitizing
on Feb 5, 2010 at 7:25:05 am

Since you've offered absolutely no information about your hardware/software setup it will be very difficult to trouble shoot your issue(s). It's like asking someone to figure out why your car won't start but they're not allowed to see it.

Since you state that FCP was working fine before and now it isn't (and you haven't changed anything) the only thing I can suggest is to trash FCP's preference files. Sometimes they can become corrupted and cause FCP to act strangely. If you haven't done this before you can download a free program that will do it for you. You can find it here:

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/pref_man.htm

Good Luck,

- Don

Return to posts index

Donna Valenti
Re: final cut freezing during digitizing
on Feb 5, 2010 at 2:33:40 pm

don-

i realized after the fact that i posted without giving my computer info but didn't have a chance to go back and modify. your opening paragraph was condesending and unnecessary. you weren't forced to respond to my post. i do appreciate your preferences suggestion, and thanks for the link.

~DV

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]