FORUMS: list search recent posts

Workflow for rock videos

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tracey Nole
Workflow for rock videos
on Jan 30, 2010 at 7:01:56 pm

Hi,

I am editing my first rock video, any advice on workflow? How to begin?
Thanks,
Tracey

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
Re: Workflow for rock videos
on Jan 31, 2010 at 3:02:10 am

WOW Tracy you have given us so much info to go on. With the information you have supplied I would segest the workflow would be something like this, shoot video... edit video...

Sorry for the sarcasm. We can definitely help we just need more info from you on your project. Here is a partial list of info that would be good to know.

What type of camera ore you using/what format will you be shooting?
What format do you plan on editing in?
Are you shooting multiple camera angles?
What is your final finished format? DVD? Web?

Im sure there are other things that would be useful to know but the list above is a place to start.

Be specific what exactly are you wanting to know.

Hindsight is always 1080p

Return to posts index

Tracey Nole
on Jan 31, 2010 at 3:44:16 am

Ok, Zane, sorry I wasn't channeling telepathically to you exactly what I meant. Here it is:
I shot the band 6 times over the music. I wanted to know, as far as work flow, is it possible to lay down one shoot, for example, with the audio and video and then carve away less desirable images on the timeline so that the ones I want are in sync with the music?
How do you edit on the timeline so that the instruments/singer match up?
That's what I meant by workflow.
Now you know I expect a very user friendly enlightening answer!

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jan 31, 2010 at 3:51:21 am

[Tracey Noelle Luz] "I shot the band 6 times over the music. I wanted to know, as far as work flow, is it possible to lay down one shoot, for example, with the audio and video and then carve away less desirable images on the timeline so that the ones I want are in sync with the music? "

That's what multi-cam editing in FCP is all about Tracey. Look in the manual and watch the following tutorial.

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/harrington_richard/final_cut_multic...

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jan 31, 2010 at 3:31:31 am

Have a loud system for playback. Shoot everything choreographed to the playback. Shoot the performance from every conceivable angle and focal length.

And, above all, have a signed, ironclad written agreement with the band, it's producers, managers, agents, etc. stating who owns what and who receives money for what.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]