FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD DVD options in Studio Pro and Compressor - defunct?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Pye
HD DVD options in Studio Pro and Compressor - defunct?
on Jan 26, 2010 at 8:39:28 pm

Hello everyone.

I have a question I would be very interested to hear the answer to. In the target presets for Compressor (v3) there is an option for HD DVD MPEG-2 (30 minutes), which it notes "fits upto 30 minutes on a DVD-5." Likewise, in DVD Studio Pro there is an option for HD DVD, however, the HD DVD MPEG-2 output from Compressor (.m2v) is not accepted by DVD Studio Pro on its 'HD' setting, or for that matter on the SD setting. The reason I ask is that I have a 19 minute HD 'taster' for a documentary, which therefore ought to fit on a DVD using the HD 30-minute option if compressed using that preset and, obviously, my orders are to author a disk of the highest visual quality possible. Suggestions would be welcome!

Many thanks,

Michael

Return to posts index

Rob Grauert
Re: HD DVD options in Studio Pro and Compressor - defunct?
on Jan 26, 2010 at 9:12:46 pm

I read about this a while in the DVD SP manual, and if I remember correctly, DVD SP authors HD DVDs with H.264 source files and that DVD only plays from a computer that can read that data.

So try importing an H.264 file into DVD SP and burning that. The benefit is you can have a dang nice image and AIFF audio. The drawback is it has to be viewed on a capable computer.

Give it a shot and see what happens. I never tried it before.

Robert J. Grauert, Jr.
http://www.robgrauert.com
command-r.tumblr.com

Return to posts index

Rob Grauert
on Jan 26, 2010 at 9:23:07 pm

Ahh, just check the manual.

Make sure you go to DVD Studio Pro Preferences and chose HD Project. You can't import HD assets into SD project.

Also, in Compressor try the " HD DVD H.264 60 Minutes Preset" instead of the HD DVD MPEG preset

Robert J. Grauert, Jr.
http://www.robgrauert.com
command-r.tumblr.com

Return to posts index

Michael Pye
on Jan 26, 2010 at 9:44:33 pm

Fantastic, thanks guys. I did read the manual (rare, I know) and it was indeed a HD project in DVD Studio that I imported the .m2v file into, so it's odd that it shouldn't work. Anyhow, excellent suggestion Robert regarding the 60 minute preset, I'll give that a shot and let you know what happens!

Cheers.
Michael

Macbook Pro 15", 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3, Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT; OS X 10.5.8, Final Cut Pro 6.0.6

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]