FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Go to edit" not highlighting edit....and the V key doesn't work...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Weisinger
"Go to edit" not highlighting edit....and the V key doesn't work...
on Jan 25, 2010 at 2:40:57 pm

I'm doing a multicam edit, and I think I have come across a bug in FCP 7. The V key does not "go to" my nearest edit when I am working in the timeline. In fact, it doesn't do anything....I have made sure to go back and select the "Default" keyboard in the customization options; just to make sure I hadn't accidentally remapped it. Still doesn't do a single thing. Also, if using the up and down arrow keys to move between edits, the edits aren't highlighted upon moving to them. This wastes time when all I want to do is play, cut cameras, pause after a some cuts to review my progress- moving between edits through up and down arrows- and then quickly roll edit and trim either direction.

I have to now move to each edit, click on the edit to highlight, and then go about my process. It's not the end of the world, but I thought FCP highlighted when you moved to the edit?? Or am I thinking of Avid right now?...Sometimes I get the small features mixed up between the two.

Thanks in advance to anyone shedding some light on this annoyance.

Jeff

Return to posts index

Jeff Weisinger
Re: "Go to edit" not highlighting edit....and the V key doesn't work...
on Jan 25, 2010 at 3:04:00 pm

Answered my own question I guess. The V key apparently does not work when moving through multicam edit points. It's as if the systems design for the V key command doesn't even see them as edit points. It moves through edit points fine on a non-multicam sequence. Another stupid move from Apple....

Discovered something that hopefully is a tip to someone else. If you first select any edit point on your multicam sequence, you can then move around via keyboard, highlighting to your hearts content: using the arrow keys. As soon as you click anything but an edit point, the highlighting-via arrow keys- goes away again, until you manually select an edit point once again. Annoying, but better than nothing....haha, That should be the Apple motto :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]