I have a problem with my rendered footage and have spent 2 days trying to figure this out and have come up with nothing.
I imported a file from the NewTek Tricaster into MPG Streamclip and exported it to FCP as a Quicktime H.264 with the ACC audio codec. I cut 22 files (all converted the same way) together with some quicktime files created through Motion (using the animation codec) into a 32 min sequence.
I then rendered it out using H.264 and the ACC audio codec at the same size (for some reason FCP told me it would take 12 hours??? but it was the end of work so I let it render over night) When I checked the file in the morning the first 20 min were ok but after that it dropped the image and went to black for about 5 min and then it grabbed an image from the video and left that there as a still as the audio kept on going. When the video did come back it was 100% in sync but I couldn't use it because of the black and the image glitch...
I have since re-rendered it using QuickTime conversion as well as rendered it out using just the basic quicktime export option and I get similar results (the QT-conversion starts the audio at the beginning of the sequence and the video starts at the 2nd cut I made in the sequence- 15 min in) (The Regular quicktime plays great until 21 min where the image freezes and keeps playing the audio....) The interesting thing in both cases is that even if I remove the images it freezes on it still renders out with those images at the same length.
I am at a complete loss here... I hope some one has an idea as to what is going on and how to fix this.