FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP Sequence Not rendering completely..

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Timothy Gaer
FCP Sequence Not rendering completely..
on Jan 21, 2010 at 7:12:34 pm

Hello,

I have a problem with my rendered footage and have spent 2 days trying to figure this out and have come up with nothing.

Background:
I imported a file from the NewTek Tricaster into MPG Streamclip and exported it to FCP as a Quicktime H.264 with the ACC audio codec. I cut 22 files (all converted the same way) together with some quicktime files created through Motion (using the animation codec) into a 32 min sequence.

I then rendered it out using H.264 and the ACC audio codec at the same size (for some reason FCP told me it would take 12 hours??? but it was the end of work so I let it render over night) When I checked the file in the morning the first 20 min were ok but after that it dropped the image and went to black for about 5 min and then it grabbed an image from the video and left that there as a still as the audio kept on going. When the video did come back it was 100% in sync but I couldn't use it because of the black and the image glitch...

I have since re-rendered it using QuickTime conversion as well as rendered it out using just the basic quicktime export option and I get similar results (the QT-conversion starts the audio at the beginning of the sequence and the video starts at the 2nd cut I made in the sequence- 15 min in) (The Regular quicktime plays great until 21 min where the image freezes and keeps playing the audio....) The interesting thing in both cases is that even if I remove the images it freezes on it still renders out with those images at the same length.

I am at a complete loss here... I hope some one has an idea as to what is going on and how to fix this.

Tim

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: FCP Sequence Not rendering completely..
on Jan 21, 2010 at 9:26:28 pm

H.264 is not an edit codec. It's a delivery codec. That's probably a major source of your problem. You should have chosen an edit codec like ProRes when you exported from MPEG Streamclip.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.1, Motion 4.0.1, Comp 3.5.1, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.1)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]