FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting from Final Cut Express to Quicktime

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Stiely
Exporting from Final Cut Express to Quicktime
on Jan 17, 2010 at 12:44:02 am

I'm trying to export my 30 minute Final Cut Express (ver: 4.0.1) movie to Quicktime (ver: 7.6.4) so I can burn a DVD from iDVD (ver: 7.0.4). The export breaks my file into four files, each with an appended extension. For example, my file is called Movie2005, and gets written as Movie2005-av.mov1, -av.mov2, -av.mov3. These first three are all Quicktime files. But the fourth file doesn't look like a QT file icon, though it doesn't have the appended extension. It's just called Movie2005.mov.

I've tried importing this fourth file into iDVD and it seems to work, but when I burn the DVD, it quits unexpectedly after about 2 hours of processing. I assume my problem is the file I'm importing into iDVD.

The option I selected when exporting from FCE were: Quicktime movie (not conversion), include audio and video, use chapter markers, make movie self contained. I've also done an audio mixdown in FCE (render only-->mixdown).

Finally, I'm exporting to an external drive w/ 160 Gig avail (when I try to save to the desktop of the main computer (MacBook), it says it runs out of disk space, though I have 26 Gig avail there as well).

Please help!!

-- Jeff

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Exporting from Final Cut Express to Quicktime
on Jan 17, 2010 at 4:54:06 am

Hi Jeff,
Are you exporting to any HD formated as FAT-32, or connected by USB or something like that?
Rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]