FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fade In with green screen

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brett Nelson
Fade In with green screen
on Jan 13, 2010 at 11:11:48 pm

I am looking for faster way to fade in/out when using a green screen. Currently, I place a slug on a layer above my background and subject and then fade in/out of that. Is there a better way?

Thanks!

Brett

Return to posts index

Todd Gillespie
Re: Fade In with green screen
on Jan 13, 2010 at 11:18:51 pm

Hi Brett,

Usually with clips that already had effect with them, it's best to 'nest' that clip into a new sequence then add the fade, it works out well.

good luck,

Todd at UCSB
Television Production

Return to posts index

Josh Aderhold
on Jan 14, 2010 at 4:51:07 am

I always fade in and out both my video source and my replacement image at the same time. That has always worked for me.

MacBook Pro
Intel Core 2 Duo
2.6GHz
L2 Cache: 6MB
4GB Memory
Bus Speed 800MHz

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Jan 14, 2010 at 1:13:20 pm

What Todd said. Create the key with your green screen. Then nest the two video layers together and simply apply the fade to your nest.

If you do the fade up on each layer individually, you will actually see the difference whereby you'll not have a sharp clean key during the dissolves. That's because the two layers are coming up individually instead of as the same image.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"Foul Water, Fiery Serpent" now in Post.

Creative Cow Forum Host:
Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion, Apple Color, AJA Kona, Business & Marketing, Maxx Digital.

Blog!

Twitter!

Return to posts index

Brett Nelson
on Jan 14, 2010 at 3:36:23 pm

Should I render in the nest or in the original? Yes, dissolving on a merged layer is what I'm looking for. There is a Nattress dissolve (G dissolve) that gets close, but still not perfect.

I have tended to limit using nests because of funkiness I've experienced over the years, e.g. mixed audio levels being unreliable. Maybe it's time to revisit my workflow.

Brett

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]