FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re-creating the 'disk image' of AVCHD m2ts files and folders?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Astrid Karlsson
Re-creating the 'disk image' of AVCHD m2ts files and folders?
on Jan 13, 2010 at 12:04:50 pm

Someone (at a great distance) has digitally sent me about 6 m2ts, (+ .moff and .modd files). I know that FCP can only import and convert these clips when connected directly to the camera... but is there a way to fool FCP into thinking it has a disk image attached - with the appropriate file structure, so I can log and transfer these clips?

I know this is 'wrong' but I have no other immediate option, and if I can nail it, it'd be a useful thing to be able to do....

Can anyone advise of the file structure, and how to make a dmg or similar of that?

Thanks in advance.
~Astrid

MBP 2.2 GHz intel core duo
2GB ram
GeForce 8600M GT
10.4.11 + FCP 6.04

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Re-creating the 'disk image' of AVCHD m2ts files and folders?
on Jan 13, 2010 at 2:43:27 pm

Hi Astrid,
I don't know much about that kind of footage, but I think this may helps you:

http://www.clipwrap.com/

rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Josh Aderhold
on Jan 13, 2010 at 9:43:09 pm

Clipwrap is probably your best bet.

You don't need to have the camera connected to do it through FCP or even the memory card, but you do need the original folder structure (at least that's what I've run into with similar digital footage). Have you tried throwing them all into one folder and opening it with "Log and Transfer"?

Take a look at this wiki and see if you can re-create the folder structure as it is shown. Then with that set up, and all your files in the correct directories (note that each different file type will most likely be in their own folder), use log and transfer to get your clips in to FCP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AVCHD

MacBook Pro
Intel Core 2 Duo
2.6GHz
L2 Cache: 6MB
4GB Memory
Bus Speed 800MHz

Return to posts index

Alf Hanna
on Jan 14, 2010 at 8:35:35 am

Maybe I don't clearly understand what you are asking, but if you only have the m2ts and not the whole directory structure, you may well need Clipwrap. But to be clear, if you have the entire structure the disk doesn't have to be mounted. I use AVCHD (I use a Panasonic HMC 150), and just went through this. You just need to create a folder, call it your project raw video or whatever, and dump the contents of the file structure in it's entirety, into it. So I just finished creating a "foobar" raw footage folder, dumped the entire PRIVATE/AVCHD/and on and on folder structure into it. Then I simply L&T by pointing the L&T to the top PRIVATE folder only!. This should then bring in all the clips. Don't go below that folder or it appears not to work. L&T must be looking to read an entire directory structure that has been laid out for it as a template. If it doesn't see the PRIVATE it croaks and errors out. Spent a week trying to understand that, as it's not documented anywhere.

But, as alternative if you had the SD card, you can also copy them all across like I just described, then L&T them from the SD card, if you want to make sure your 'backup' copies are all in place before attacking your primaries. But you mentioned you didn't get an SD from the person. Also, some people LOCK the card before reading... I don't. Just a thought.

Alf
Panasonic HMC-150 & FCP on MacPro Dual Quads, 12 GB 7.0.1 on 10.6.2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]