FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is it possible to change V1/V2 in the canvas?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kris Xavier
Is it possible to change V1/V2 in the canvas?
on Jan 13, 2010 at 6:11:08 am

I'm wondering, is anyone knowledgable in how to get V2 to display in the canvas? Does the canvas automatically default to V1 with no option to change that?

(I'm using final cut express 3.5)

I've searched around the web, and could find no information.

Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Is it possible to change V1/V2 in the canvas?
on Jan 13, 2010 at 5:53:16 pm

Sorry, but this question does not compute, better tell us more precisely what you'd like to do.

You can't move tracks, you have to move the media between tracks. Try selecting a clip on V1, hold dow the option key and hit the up arrow -- if there is no media to collide with on V2 it will jump there, keeping its alignment in the timeline as it does.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Kris Xavier
on Jan 13, 2010 at 7:18:15 pm

I'll go into more detail ...

I am editing using three video tracks - V1, V2 and V3. Using final cut express 3.5, I am wondering if it is possible to toggle which video track is shown in the canvas? I'm not sure presently as to what criteria makes the canvas show a particular video track.

(At times I have had rendered video that will not show up in the canvas (the canvas appears black), even when it is the only track that contains any video.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jan 13, 2010 at 7:39:35 pm

It's just like building a cake, the uppermost track is the top layer. If the uppermost layer is scaled down so that it takes up only a part of the frame, then it will show as being superimposed over the next layer. You can turn individual clips on and off by right-clicking toggling "Clip Enable." So, if you have a clip on V1 and V2 on top, toggle Clip Enable off on the clip on V2 and the clip on VI will show.

It sounds as if you are trying to master FCE without bothering to read the manual, without watching any tutorials, and without training. May I suggest that you at least skim the manual to bone-up on basic functionality.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]