FORUMS: list search recent posts

Suggestions for FCP project collaboration?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Miley
Suggestions for FCP project collaboration?
on Jan 13, 2010 at 4:08:46 am

New guy here. I teach a middle school Engineering program and want to create some interactive learning DVDs just to try out the concept. My son is a broadcasting major at a college 200 miles away. He uses FCP 7. I have a new MacBook Pro with iMovie but haven't done much with it yet.

I was hoping that I could use Final Cut Express 4 so my son and I could work on this project together. I did a lot of digging here and elsewhere and didn't find much encouragement. It looks like FCP and FCE project files are not compatible and that FCE may not handle the file types we might want to use.

Buying another copy of FCP for me seems like overkill and is out of my price range. I know that we could send each other completed (edited) files but we'd like to be able to collaborate on the editing itself. Exporting to XML seems like it's not a solution either.

Does anyone have any ideas so that we can achieve father-son bonding without going insane and/or broke? Thanks for any ideas.

--Dan

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
Re: Suggestions for FCP project collaboration?
on Jan 13, 2010 at 9:59:23 pm

The only way to do it with out headaches is for both people to be running the exact same version of FCP.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]