FORUMS: list search recent posts

What is the the best way to change audio that's not 48k after you've already edited?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Absalom
What is the the best way to change audio that's not 48k after you've already edited?
on Dec 31, 2009 at 6:51:39 pm

I have just finished my final project for class and it took quite a bit of work. Problem is I'm an idiot - true story. I've tried exporting several different ways all ending up with the audio randomly bursting into horrific screeches about 3/4ths the way through the project.
After searching around, it seems like the problem could be the audio files that aren't in 48k. Some are in 44, one is in 32.

Anyway, what is an expedient way to fix this issue? I'm still not that familiar with Macs so I'm not really sure what software would be used or how to replace the files in FCP without losing the edits and filters and effects added, etc.

Any help is very, very appreciated.

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
Re: What is the the best way to change audio that's not 48k after you've already edited?
on Dec 31, 2009 at 7:02:23 pm

Do a round trip with File > Batch Export. You can also do this via the audio via QuickTime Pro or Soundtrack Pro. Any of these methods will allow you to conform your audio to 48 kHz.

Bravo to you for fixing the problem up front rather than rendering audio over and over and over....

Kevin Monahan
60 Blu-ray Templates for Final Cut Studio 2009
http://www.fcpworld.com
Author - Motion Graphics and Effects in Final Cut Pro

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]