FORUMS: list search recent posts

Where Are My Subclip Media Files?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Crowson
Where Are My Subclip Media Files?
on Dec 22, 2009 at 4:38:42 pm

Hope you can help. I just split the film file I downloaded from a DV tape into its constituent subclips, then used media manager to get rid of the unwanted material. All of my files are accessible through FCP6, but I can only find half of them in the folder on my scratch disk... where are the rest of them?? I checked in the 'search for' section in the finder, but they are not listed (the 'missing ones', that is). Any ideas?

Cheers, Andy

Return to posts index

Rob Grauert
Re: Where Are My Subclip Media Files?
on Dec 22, 2009 at 8:21:10 pm

have you tried right-clicking the clips in FCP that you can't find and then choosing "Reveal In Finder?"

Robert J. Grauert, Jr.
http://www.robgrauert.com

Return to posts index

Andy Crowson
Re: Where Are My Subclip Media Files?
on Dec 22, 2009 at 8:45:12 pm

Thanks - good tip. I did that, and the computer tells me that in fact the file I am clicking on is one of the other sub clips. When I play the sub clip independently, the footage from the 'missing' file is attached to the sub clip, i.e. FCP6 has not recognised the different scenes, and has amalgamated them into one clip. What is going on??? Any idea why this has happened and what I can do about it? The whole point of downloading this way was meant to be easier and less stress on the tape, so I could import clips into different projects. I've got three more tapes to split into sub clips and am reluctant to do so before knowing why this is happening. Ideas appreciated, thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]