FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rendering Colors

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dylan Murphy
Rendering Colors
on Dec 16, 2009 at 4:54:49 pm

So here is the question.

Say I am working in FCP and if a clip needs rendering and it is the bright green color (preview) does it need to be rendered if going out to compressor for DVD?

or does it need rendering if its going to be exported a .mov etc.

Is there a list somewhere describing what exactly needs to be rendered in certain situations?

Is it only red (needs render) that needs to be done in order to export?

Or will the export take longer if the clip is not rendered?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Rendering Colors
on Dec 16, 2009 at 8:44:31 pm

[Dylan Murphy] "Say I am working in FCP and if a clip needs rendering and it is the bright green color (preview) does it need to be rendered if going out to compressor for DVD? "

No. If you export via Compressor, rendering isn't necessary. FCP will export without rendering first.

[Dylan Murphy] "or does it need rendering if its going to be exported a .mov etc."

If you export a QT movie, self contained...or reference...using EXPORT>QT MOVIE... it will need to be rendered. or FCP will render before it exports...but that render exists ONLY on that export, not the timeline.

[Dylan Murphy] "Is there a list somewhere describing what exactly needs to be rendered in certain situations?"

Everything that has a color above it...other than dark purple...needs to be rendered. Unless you export via Compressor. But then that ties up FCP while it exports.

[Dylan Murphy] "Is it only red (needs render) that needs to be done in order to export?"

ANY color.

[Dylan Murphy] "Or will the export take longer if the clip is not rendered? "

Yes, it will.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Dylan Murphy
Re: Rendering Colors
on Dec 17, 2009 at 3:15:44 pm

Thanks shane for the response

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]