FORUMS: list search recent posts

cutting to a track with pictures

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
induz kumar
cutting to a track with pictures
on Dec 10, 2009 at 8:55:59 pm

I have lots of pictures/stills/photos, taken by a 5-pixel digital camera during a wedding ceremony. Also, some videos were shot by the same digital camera. its not video camera but it has that option.
All Pictures are jpg files and are in a 2 GB SanDisk SD flash memory card.the videos are wmv format.

I want to assemble all pictures in a 4 min song track. The track is in a CD and are wma format/codec.

I have FCP 5. i dont want to use iPhoto or other tools as i want my hands to get wet in FCP

How to go about this project as I am new to FCP. I have few concerns so i need few tips/tutorials/hints from the experienced:

[1]Should i use a USB drive to save/copy all media files.
i dont have a Fire wire HD or a video camera.

[2] I want to just use few effects like dissolves and cube.

[3] i want some movements/motion on the stills/pictures like pan or zoom.

[4] Few titles

[5] Finally i want to put 'the final' in a DVD to watch on TV/computer.

Thanks

Induz

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: cutting to a track with pictures
on Dec 11, 2009 at 3:26:49 am

Induz,

Sorry, but you're asking us to teach you the entire editing process with FCP from scratch. That's really above and beyond what's possible here on the Cow.

There are many books, tutorials, and classes for that, including the ones that Apple supplies with FCS.

Once you get started, we will be happy to help you along your learning path by answering any questions you may have along the way, but you have to get started down that path first.

Good luck to you.

David

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

induz kumar
on Dec 11, 2009 at 5:24:54 pm

I want to know :
[1]how can i get a track from CD to FCP
[2]where should i store my media. if external USB stick is Ok
[3] how to get pictures and video from SD card to FCP

any suggestions would be appreciated

induz

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Dec 11, 2009 at 6:40:54 pm

For the CD music or audio, open it in itunes, save as aiff file format. then use the file>import dialog in final cut to import the AIFF files into your bin.

For the WMV files, I would suggest you download a free copy of mpeg streamclip, use that to convert the WMV to an MOV file format, now you should be good to go when you import that into final cut.

You question about USB drives was not clear to me, however, if you want FCp to work well, all assets should be imported into the actual bins in FCP. If you are saying you don't have a separate scratch drive, externally or internally, on which to place all the audio and video files and stills, then you're going to have to put everything on the same hard drive the program is using to run on. This usually leads to performance issues, but if you're willing to wait to render stuff out, the end product should still work out. Its just that performance while you work will become slower, because you're asking one hard drive to do too much work at the same time. An external firewire or high-speed usb drive is where you want to keep all your assets, and I would avoid the USB drive myself and stick to firewire. Take the data from your memory stick and save it to a folder on your desktop, if that's the best you can do. Don't try to edit directly right off the USB memory stick. Like the dancing bear, it's not that it does it very well, but that it can be done at all.

Do check out the manual when you get a chance.

Return to posts index

induz kumar
on Dec 12, 2009 at 1:07:25 am

I got the audio track in aiff format

still working on .wmv files to convert to .mov files

I was thinking to get all media on a $GB USB stick but you are saying its not a good idea so i am making a folder on desktop and getting all media files/footage on that.

Is it correct???

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]